We always want to deliver the highest quality products…
So we are putting that wish into practice in all processes of manufacturing.
We implement strict production control, process control and quality control based on our own manufacturing standards and criteria to produce safe, high-quality Sun Chlorella A, bringing health to many people throughout the world.
- 01Slanted Culture
- 02Flask Culture
- 03Seed Culture
- 04Main Culture
- 05Filtration, Dehydration, Washing and Concentration
- 06Cell wall pulverization
- 07Sterilization and Chlorophyllase deactivation
- 10Packaging and Labeling
- 01Slanted CultureAfter transferring the seed stock chlorella pyrenoidsa (Sun Chlorella strain) to the slant medium, light (artificial ray) is applied, and it is grown under optimal temperature conditions.
- 02Flask CultureChlorella grown in slant culture is transferred to a flat flask containing liquid medium, and air containing carbon dioxide is supplied at the same time as light is applied, and the chlorella grows through photosynthesis. As the concentration of chlorella in the culture increases, it is transferred to a succession of larger flasks, and culturing continues.
- 03Seed CultureChlorella grown indoors is moved outdoors, and culturing in a natural environment begins. It continues to grow while being exposed to sunlight in a concrete circular pool while an agitator continuously stirs. As the concentration of the chlorella increases, it will be moved to a larger pool.
- 04Main CultureAfter the cultivation of the seed stock is finished, it is transferred to a concrete circular production pool with a diameter of 36 to 46 m and stirred constantly with an agitator so that sunlight hits the whole batch evenly. Cultivation continues while carefully controlling the supply amount of the medium (nutrients of chlorella) according to the temperature and sunlight irradiation conditions. The water used for the medium is groundwater from a spring under a 3,000-meter high mountain, which is clean, free from contamination, low in hardness, and stable in both water quality and amount. Cultivated outdoors under this natural environment, unlike in tank cultures, the chlorella becomes rich in vitamin B12 (active form).
- 05Filtration, Dehydration, Washing and ConcentrationChlorella cultured in the production pool is harvested after reaching the prescribed concentration. First, any contaminants appearing or present in the culture solution are removed with a filter. Then, it is repeatedly dehydrated in a centrifuge and washed, then filtered again. After confirmation that it has been thoroughly cleaned, it is concentrated.
- 06Cell wall pulverizationChlorella’s defect of poor digestibility due to having a tough cell wall was solved by the cell wall pulverization method developed by our company. We use a machine called Dyno-Mill to physically crush tough cell walls. Rigid spheres are contained in the cylinder and are stirred with agitator blades along with the chlorella slurry. At that time, a partial pressure difference occurs in the stirred liquid, the chlorella cells instantaneously move from the high-pressure part to the low-pressure part, and the cell wall is crushed by rapid expansion/rupture.
- 07Sterilization and Chlorophyllase deactivationChlorella contains an enzyme called chlorophyllase, which produces the causative substance of photosensitivity (pheophorbide). For the purpose of deactivating this enzyme and for sterilization, steam is mixed with chlorella slurry, and high temperature is applied for a short time.
- 08DryingRaw chlorella tends to spoil easily, but it stabilizes when dried and makes long-term storage possible. In general, the spray dryer method is widely employed for drying chlorella. Hot air is supplied to the spray dryer, and when the chlorella slurry is sprayed with it, it becomes fine droplets and is instantly dried. In this way it is possible to make a powdery dry chlorella, which has a fresh green color and smells like dried seaweed and green tea, without losing its quality. This chlorella powder is extremely stable, and if it is preserved under suitable conditions, quality deterioration will not be seen even after several years.
- 09TabletingTablets and granules are manufactured by molding with a press machine. These products are subjected to appearance inspection, weight inspection, foreign matter inspection, bacteria inspection, physical property inspection, and ingredient analysis inspection at each step of production. Regarding important components, we have stricter standards than public standards, and double checks are carried out in both public institutions and our own laboratory to ensure strict quality control.
- 10Packaging and LabelingThe tablets or granules that pass these tests are packaged in an aluminum pack, and the highest quality health food “Sun Chlorella A” is completed. As mentioned above, we implement strict production, process and quality control measures to produce safe, high-quality Sun Chlorella A, bringing health to many people throughout the world.
- No. 4018610, No. 4018611No. 4068538, No. 4068539
In order to make a reliable product that can be consumed safely,
Sun Chlorella A is manufactured at a certified factory that has passed the GMP standards
specified by the Japan Health and Nutrition Food Association.